Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Give, give some more, and keep on giving.

Photo Courtesy of of the World Wide Web.
"Sometimes a small thing you do can means everything in another person's life."

I've been thinking allot lately about giving. Your time, your skills, your love, anything that isn't material...
 The other day I had an especially depressing day and when I sat down for my devotions that night I found  verses, over and over... Many, many of them, about how God loves His people, and He is always right there for them. And I felt so encouraged, and so challenged. How can I learn to give like God does?
 If God had a limited amount of time for people, a limited amount of love, a limited amount of patience, a limited amount of anything, where would we be?
 And then today we saw a thrift store just off the road, and as we had extra time, we stopped. Guess what the first thing I found was? Try Giving Yourself Away by David Dunn. If you have not read it already I would recommend it. It says, pretty much word for word, what I've been thinking...
People need to give unconditionally, with no expectations of receiving back. If God had wanted to know, for sure, that every one He gave the gift of His Son too, would give Him something just as big back. None of us would have forgiveness. Praise the Lord that He is unconditional! -Francis

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking along that same line as well! Unconditional... Its a bit scary because it makes me feel waaay to vulnerable for comfort's sake. But I know that there is no love so pure and strong as that. Thank You Jesus!

    ReplyDelete