Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Spring is today, not tomorrow.



It's spring now.
 How can I tell?

There are lemon drops on the table.

 The snow is melting.

The logging trucks are all empty and forlorn looking as they trundle home on roads that suddenly have bans on them.

 The shops in town have half off sales on the boots and scarves I've been drooling over all winter long.

 My Geranium is FINALLY going to bloom.

I'm looking for summer work. *Anybody know of a few good cleaning jobs in the area?*

 Every-other teenager I know is suddenly getting married.

 Mom planted 50 *correction here, Mom says it was at least 100 (small giddy dance going on here)* tulip bulbs while I was in Thailand. I'm dreaming about them at night... Okay... So not quite, but you get the idea.

 I finally took the pine boughs and white candles out of my window sills.

Dear Horrid Hay-Fever,
 I do not like you. At all. And how you manged to find me in March is beyond me. It's disturbing. With no love, Frank 

The sky is blue again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

9 comments:

  1. I feel sorry for you with your hay fever. I have this horrid, nasty cold right now, but I have high hopes that it will leave me very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Frank,
    I pity your future jilted lovers for the Dear John letters they will receive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so who are the teenagers who are getting married?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can think of five off of the top of my head, but I know there are several others. Three of my cousins and yourself and Mr. Martin being the ones I can think of... (Yes I know that not all are teenagers).

    ReplyDelete
  5. And how it manages to find us when it's below zero (or nearly) most mornings last and this week. Washburn Co. postponed their bans 'till next Mon. morning. However if the bags are off the sings and the DOT sees you drive past 'em they can still get you anyway. :( So we truck and watch out for bag-less signs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frank: Mary is looking for cleaners. She will need some one for GE because we won't be doing that one. Nice job, but Saturdays....Ruthie

    ReplyDelete