Monday, June 24, 2013

Summer Project

Here it is Mom. Brad and Gabe helped me put it together and Matt hung it for me tonight. I like it everly so muchly. I told Amy that it fits into our cabin at home better than it does here though. :) It's pretty rough, but I wanted it that way. The back I wash painted and on the desk part I layered on the paint until I got it smooth enough to make me happy. It's a lovely sunshine spot.

I took the bike that Matt got last week and road down A Street this evening until I found roses. Filled my basket full of them and came home and sat on a bar stool filling my vase while I watched Amy do the dishes... And here I'm sposed to be helping her!  I told her I felt guilty and she said something about, "Picking roses while you may." She says it's a poem. Anybody know the name of it?
 I'm love love loving living in the country. I don't think these people know how blessed they are. Living right next to the wind and the rain and the wild flowers and grasses is like a little bit of heaven on earth. The animals on the other hand I could do with out.
 I was in the chicken coop the other day with Zerrick, and Keagan came around the corner, "Hey Francis, I have something to show you!!!".
I'm kinda dumb sometimes I think. Probly anyways. Cuz most people know better than to follow a little boy when he says he"has something to show you".
The possum had been dead for several days. And the maggots and flies knew it.
Amy and I buried it the next day when we couldn't stand the smell anymore.
 My seven rows of flowers are up in the garden and in need of weeding. I think I'll do it tomorrow if it isn't too wet. We got a humongous amount of rain this morning. It poured like it would never rain again and I woke up to it pelting gustily against my windowpane.
 Tomorrow Amy and I have dreams of getting the house work all done by noon and going goodwill shopping. Spose we'll get it done? I'm going to look for some summer-ish sort of fabric for a curtain in my room. Amy is looking for a kitchen door curtain, and some furniture.
 Life is Beautiful.
       -Francis

7 comments:

  1. Glad you are happy and settled.come see me again one day too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are happy and settled.come see me again one day too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it...we were just having a discussion here about how to live here in America with a 'mission mind', so that when and if we do get to other countries we know how to do with 'less'!! A lot of American Christians don't know anything about it! This so fits the concept of what was going thru my mind!! And here maybe you thought you were just making do without spending money!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THis it so totally what i need on that wall in the den, mom! the one w/ the old wall....

      Delete
  4. This is so amazingly cool!!!
    Probably because you are amazingly cool..... :)
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete