Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Trip to PA

Okay so its Thanksgiving this week and I just got home from PA, how about a point by point post about "things I am thankful for that did.... Or did not!... Happen on the trip to PA and back. And just a few random things that happened.
*Okay the number one thing: Energy Drinks! :) They never did let me try drinking two at once though.
*A good trip out.
*The museum was REALLY REALLY neat. (We stopped and spent a day there on the way out).
*We got to stay with the Goods, it was SO fun to see them again, it had be I dunno how many years.
*I'm VERY thankful that we finally found Adam and Sana's place :)
*Adam and Sana were nice enough to open up their home for a bunch of crazy youth for a whole week.
*The boys did not get mad after having their light bulbs stolen I don't know how many times... I am innocent!... I think... Did I ever take them Abbey?
*I am, however, not so thankful that they found a place to get Vaseline to put big globs of on our door nob.
*That we got to go to the CAM open house long enough to look through their books and walk through the cannery. That place is HUGE!
*Monday Abbey went with us to Bible School, it was VERY nice to have her along to show us the way... It was rather overwhelming to walk into a room of around 275 people and be expected to be able to survive for a whole week when I did not know a soul there. I can't imagine what it would have been like with 600!!! Yikes!
*I can't very well write up anything about this trip without saying something about energy drinks, and the Prodigal Son skit and Occupation, I have no idea how many times we played Occupation. We learned that its kinda hard to play with only 4 people and that it does not work for everybody to put in two occupations. I also have no idea how many energy drinks we drank. I should ask on Sunday and add up all of them... Hm... Don't let me forget! And the skit... Well... Here, look for yourself: (When I can get this computer to work right I'll put a link in here).
*I'm also VERY thankful that Bible School went so well. About every one I talked to said that this was the best year they had ever been there. I really liked Cornelius Janzen's messages.
Someday... When I find my song book and stuff, I'll expound on this a little more. At the moment they are floating about in some odd place because I brought them down for Mom to look at and I have not seen them since.
*Chorus was REALLY fun, my favorite song was Fill Us With Your Love. The Songs of Faith and Praise book has it if you don't know it..
*Saturday we went to The Outhouse (a prankster store) in the morning and then went for chorus practice and testimony time at Bible School then we headed out  to the worlds largest Cabela's... That place was NEAT... Go sometime.
*Sunday night was the program. That was fun, and rather hard work, there is nothing quite like standing in the middle of a packed crowd of 250 and singing for an hour. Like I said before, I can not imagine it with 600 people and two hours!
* We headed out Monday and went to Austin and Melinda's place for supper and the evening, then we girls and Herb and Susan went over to some of Nellie's relations for the night. It was very nice to see Austin's again.They showed us around the chocolate shop, its a very nice place, every thing a chocolate shop should be. And then they took us through the back door into Thia Expression. There is some really neat stuff in there, its pretty much exactly what you would expect it to be.
*Tuesday morning after a late breakfast and an interesting conversation with our host's (we discovered that the grandmother worked for Gladys Martin's mother, I work for Gladys).
* Tuesday's ride was... Well... Imagen six youth who are very tired and have had energy drinks. A young couple, who is very tired, but probly not quite so much as the youth, with a small baby. And a middle aged couple.
 Now imagine a silly movie... called Up. Now it is getting later...8:00 o'clock, and the boys get thirsty, so they drink energy drinks because that is all that is in the van. Now the boys decide to quote Language in Context... The van was rather noisy for the last couple of hours! :)
*And now I'm home!!! And I get to stay home for a while!!! And when I'm home I have to do school work!!! Bye!!!

5 comments:

  1. This post had too much energy drink in it. Just in case you hadn't noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! Actually I had noticed, I need to find my books like I said and write up something a little more intelligent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you forgot all the things that were said all week that you said "I'm going to blog that!" :) Like the time when after the light bulb abduction, a "Uh, Ben I need the door knob." came floating down the stairs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I know, I should do a "Quotes from a trip to PA" blog. I should collect them from everybody on Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like SO much fun!! I would have loved to have been along. :) Sana was telling me about her side of the week, WHAT A BLAST!! :)

    ReplyDelete