Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Project

Have you ever atempted to do something that simply would not turn out corectly? Something that is a necessity... Something that you can't leave undone. But it has to be done right. You try over and over and over... You stop for a while... And then you try again... And never once does it turn out right. Even if you've tried 20/30 times...
You've prayed over it, you've cried over it... You've even gotten mad at someone when they critiqued your project because... Duh, you knew it wasn't right, and what you really needed to hear at the time was "how wonderful!" not "um... you could try it this way...". All in all the project is the most frustrating thing in the world to you... And then one day. You get all of the right tools for doing the project... You have all of the materials you need for the  project. You start it, you finish it, you discover that it was all done correctly and it pleases you, very much... And then you try to use it. And it is perfect except... Except... EXCEPT IT'S THE WRONG SIZE!!!
 The workmanship is excellent... It was even fun to make, you didn't cry, you didn't get mad, you even perhaps had fun doing it. But in the end, it was wrong.
 So then you cry, and you pray, and you get mad... And everything else everybody does when they are upset.
 And in the end you decide that the best thing to do would be to just quietly pack it into a nice box, tie a pretty bow on the box... Go out behind the barn with a shovel... And a have a nice little funeral service.
You decide that you think that maybe that particular thing was not such a necessity after all. Maybe you could just buy something almost as good and go with that.
   The End
P.S. I'm never going to sew again.
P.S.S. Verena, do you happen to want a new dress? I don't have a barn to bury it behind.

 

7 comments:

  1. That is so frustrating when that happens! I know kind of how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's start a new trend, like Indian saris or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could just cry with you today. I know exactly how you feel...down to the very last sentence. It just is not good. Now I'm wondering today if I could get that one thing right then could I get all the other botched projects right then too? What about botched relationships? What about So many things? Your post can be spiritualized into lots of things. Good luck on trying again....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm sorry! Is it that dress you were cutting out last week? Maybe wear it short like that fad we were discussing? :) I *know* that you can sew very well tho, I have seen your dresses, and I bet next time I see you, you'll have another one to make me jealous. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes it is that one Kara... Definitely would fit right in with the fad :) You want it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure that I could pull off that fad so well. :)

    ReplyDelete