Saturday, November 27, 2010

What I Learned

Fill Us with Your Love
Tom Colvin 
 "Jesu, Jesu, fill us with Your love, 
show us how to serve, the neighbors we have from You."

I really enjoyed everything I heard at Bible School, especially Cornelius Janzen's messages on Facing Reality.
But it was the last sermon I heard out there that had something in it that really stood out to me.
 John Ray Nolt preached a sermon on Who Our Opponents are in Life.
He had drawn up a base ball diamond on the board, with all the players on it and he would circle one of the players and say "now this player is such and such opponent". All of them where true but the one that I heard was: A non-disciplined life. 
Everyone has heard that saying "Live every day as if it was your last one." but I had never really thought about it before. It made me think about my everyday life and wonder what I am doing in it to make a difference in the world, every single day. I guess I came away with my favorite song from Bible School running through my head for more than one reason. It says perfectly what my prayer after going to Bible School has been.
                                                         
 Fill Us with Your Love
Tom Colvin 
Jesu, Jesu, fill us with your love,
show us how to serve
 the neighbors we have from You.
 
Kneels at the feet of His friends,
silently washes their feet,
 Master who acts as a slave to them.

Neighbors are rich and poor,
varied in color and race,
neighbors are near and far away.

These are the ones we should serve,
these are the ones we should love;
all these are neighbors to us and you.

Loving puts us on our knees,
serving as though we are slaves;
this is the way we should live with you.

Kneel at the feet of our friends,
silently washing their feet;
this is the way we should live with you. 

 Refrain:
 Jesu, Jesu, fill us with Your love,
show us how to serve
 the neighbors we have from You.

 


1 comment:

  1. we just sang that song the other day! I really like it, and it's quite a challange!

    ReplyDelete