Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Jitter-Bug on Steroids



I'm sitting in the living room of a lovely Indiana home, jittering like a jitter-bug on steroids. This person doesn't do well with energy drinks... and five months of not drinking one and then jumping in on 2 cups of coffee and a whole one is worthy of a ten year old who is visiting grandma... But she did it anyways. And now she is seriously regretting it. She starts talking a mile a minute... Interrupts herself by saying "I'm going to shut up now"... and then proceeds to add a few more embarrassing comments.
It reminds her of the time she was at the dentist and they gave her "laughing gas", with out asking her first... and she got so "out-of-it" on it that she got the floating sensation that people who do drugs talk about... And then she got MAD, very mad... and even more mad when the dentist and the nurse walked out of the room and forgot about her for 10 minutes. After they were done working on her mouth. And they forgot to shut off the laughing gas. She has forgiven them. Yes. She has. Yes...
Only she knows that she has no one but herself to blame for the caffeine and sugar.
 She also has her music turned on so loudly that she can't hear the people talking ten feet away from her. And she's enjoying it, allot. She's her father's daughter and after day two of people people people she is ready to crawl in a hole and pull rock over the opening. (Thus the loud music and attempt at zoning out.)
*************************************************************************
 I'm going into missing Thailand and desperately working on keeping my head out of the water mode. I firmly decided not to get depressed and mopey. It's taking all of my determination to stick to this after a whole month of not doing anything, with this awful flu.
 Tomorrow morning we are heading out early for Wisconsin. I'm looking forward to traveling, I love traveling. (Unless it involves riding in the very middle of a plane for 12 hours). Road trips are awesome though.
 Monday morning I'm going to start school, or at least pretend to. I want to go get my 54 wall cards put up and get 4/5 Weaver children started on piano lessons. And then I'm headed into town to clean a house (The one that has dog hair in the shower and small sized tooth brushes at the sink... and there are no children in that house.) And then I'm going to race home as fast as I can and teach another piano lesson. This time to my gorgeous second cousin, who is a Hershey and has music in her heart... She is a complete joy to teach.
 And then I'm going to study for Tuesday.... and then... and so goes my life for the next week. Rushing to and fro like a wild woman.
But that's okay, because I'm gonna stay busy that way. And thus forget that Thailand is warm, and has fresh fruit, and rice... And people that I miss. It also has a glorious lack of Rockstar Energy Drinks.

6 comments:

  1. Hey, this post is rather upside down? or didn't the last part happen before the first? Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first part is the present, then she goes on to describe the past and plan the future but she's doing it from the present and ends on forgetting her desire for the past.

      Delete
  2. Sorry about the jitters, Frank. I'm quite certain that energy drinks are loaded with things that weren't nec. supposed to be consumed. Glad you're staying busy. And you're welcome to come back next fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna agree with Lisl... I don't think them things were meant to be consumed.... LOL!!! You sound like your having fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're sure enjoying your nest here. Sorry we missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't HAVE to drink that poison you know. And you won't have a very high chance of running into coffee at our house anymore. :(

    ReplyDelete