Friday, January 21, 2011

Ramblings about Shoes... And personalities.

I discovered today when I dug out my shoes from the depths of my closet that I had 12 pairs in there! Not counting my skates.  These are only nine of them.  


The top pair of shoes on this picture inspired this post. Last night they were quietly sitting beside Mom and Amy's dainty Sunday shoes and I suddenly thought of all the possibility of for shoes on my blog. 
These are all the flip flops that I own, I should have ranked them from left to right for favorite... But I didn't. 
These poor shoes are bound for... Well where ever the trash goes. The top pair is about three or four years old and were second hand... They are now very dead.  Well the sandals are too but... Yeah anyways, my mind is blank as to what I was planning on writing about the sandals so I shan't write anything about them. Other than the fact that they are doomed for the trashcan. 
These are my  snow and hiking boot/shoes, I've had a pair like, or at least similar, to the pair on the right ever since I remember, dunno what I'd do with out them. 
These shoes were a Yours Mine and Ours find, I've never worn them and they are currently residing in the box below awaiting... Um.. Something... Probably a tea party, or perhaps my wedding... If I decide not to be an old maid after all. If I do decide to be an old maid I shall be an eccentric one, who teaches school in shoes like these. 
And this picture is only here to prove that looks can be deceiving. This is the box that Brads black croc's came in. At one point in its life it held all of Yazz' stuff... At another point in its life...  Um, point 2, before the cat another words. It held all the random papers that a 15/16 year old girl collects. At another point in its life it held all my fish stuff. And now as I said before, it is holding my favoritest pair of shoes, I'm pretty sure that was its calling in the first place, it just had to go on a pretty long journey to come to its, well not final, but close to final, resting place.    
*****************************************************************************
Now for the moral of the story, or maybe this is the story and the moral comes later... Or something.
 How often do peoples shoes actually describe a persons personality? I mean, if you looked at the top picture and were told to decide what kind of person owned them would you have thought of a person like me?
 And if you were handed 500 to go buy a pair of shoes, what would you buy. Or  would you be a good frugal person and spend the money on something more needed. I have to confess that I would probably buy a pair of pretty nice shoes and spend the rest on something else. You see, I have this horrible weakness for shoes... I think I would rather have a new pair of shoes than a new dress... Actually, I know I would. It's one of those things that make my friends look at me and wonder if I'm serious or not.
 Like noticing hands. I can pretty much promise that if I've seen you I've noticed your hands. Now depending on who you are I can't promise that I remember, but I did notice at one point.
 Same with shoes... I probably noticed yours.
 So back to my first point. Can shoes really tell a person's personality? Or do they, like the pink shoe box... tend to be rather deceiving?
 


Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. Uh, That's funny, I notice hands, too. I can visualize the hands of any person I know. Maybe there a lot of us out there like that. I'd like to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I notice noses.
    And the shoes thing, I have about six pairs of shoes/sandals. And I want a pair of pretty boots, and I have my eyes on a nice pair of Sketchers that I like and my husband says make me look about 18....So yeah, if I had $500 handed to me some of it would go towards shoes...If I wouldn't have to worry about comfort so much, I'm sure I'd have more shoes, as I'd likely wouldn't be able to stay away form temptation at the thrift stores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say that a person's shoes match their personality... at least to some extent. Maybe you should become a "shoe reader" and learn everyone's innermost secrets :)
    I wonder how many pairs of shoes I have?

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS those white flip flops look horribly uncomfortable...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay. I deleted the wrong comment. And the other one was I use a word improperly. Still trying to figure out what word I was trying to think of. Anyhow, I did that about counting my shoes once. there were 19 pairs. Now I'm poor and married...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know why I'd need more than four pairs of shoes. There are four categories for a guys shoes. Cold, medium, hot, & formal. Cold would be for boots, medium is for the tenner shoes, hot is for the sandals, & formal is what you wear to church. I'd actually eliminate the formal category and wear my tenner shoes if I could get away with it. 12 pairs of shoes!!?? Ladies and Gentlemen, I would submit to you that ladies could get ready in half the time if they didn't have to spend time in front of the closet deciding which to wear. Nice post frank! I enjoyed it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My deleted comment said that I've hardly even tried on the white flip flops Jenny, I bought them while there last fall and never got a chance to.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was trying to think of how many pairs I have but I don't think I got all of them I'll have to count when I get home. :) Clark, you can add mud and work to you list of guy footwear. Those steel toes are a must have. :)

    ReplyDelete