Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Don't say I didn't warn you.

I read Pippi Goes On Board today. And discovered that if ever there was an author who had a weird mind it was Astrid Lindgren. Wow.  "My name is Pippilotta Delicatessa Windowshade Mackrelmint Efraim's Doughter Longstocking, daughter of Captain Efraim Longstocking, formerly the Terror of the Sea, now a cannibal king. But everybody calls me Pippi."
 I find that disturbing. At least Charles Lutwidge Dodgson could come up with a nice sensible name like Alice, for his main character.  
 I actually think part of the problem is that my brain is having a hard time keeping up with normal everyday happenings right now, let alone odd things like un-birthday parties, and cannibals.
 I'm beginning to think that when I grow old and hobble around with a pink hat on my head and carry a parrot on my shoulder, that I shall still have a packet of tissue's stuffed in my large yellow purse and be blowing my nose and eating cough drops every other minute. (I do SO love run-on sentences!!!). 
 I was supposed to start school a week ago yesterday, and guess what, I still haven't. I shall probably still be feeling guilty about not being able teach when I'm old too. DJ and Gin will probably have forgiven me by then though. So I shall survive.
 There is NBCC tonight. I just remembered. I'm going to miss it. Shucks.  
I am going away now. This post is beginning to look disturbingly much like something Lindgren or Dodgson would have written, oh dear. Ta ta! -Frank

 

4 comments:

  1. Sorry about the birthday unbirthday day, I really am. We tried. There was a whole cake done up in your honor notwithstanding three little green frogs as part of the decor. It was really cute. But everyone ate it up without any by-your-leave whatsoever. If you'd ever stop being sick, we'd try that again, though. I'm glad it's your 19th instead of 13th or sweet 16th. Seems like you can handle this, right? amg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to sing "Happy Birthday" for you on Sunday night but your Mom would hear nothing of it.. Missed you. RS

    ReplyDelete
  3. You, my dear, are procrastinating about schoolwork. I did enjoy your take on the authors of said books. I love the hat, parrot, and the purse. Are you writing a book yet? Aunty Shilah signing off...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, not writing a book yet. :) Someday, maybe, when I'm 40 and have nothing else to do (har har har). :)

    ReplyDelete