Monday, May 3, 2010

Raindrops on Roses

Lately I've been learning to focus on the "rain drops on roses" in my life... And trying to learn not to dwell on the "dog bites and bee stings".
It seems like God is trying to teach me to rely on him for everything, the joy-and-peace that every girl wants, and also the friend-to-talk to that every girl needs.
I've been thinking about how the dog bites and bee stings in my life are the results of other peoples fulfilled dreams. Lisl marrying and moving to Thailand... Jenny marrying and moving to Nebraska... Charity going to Colorado. And so on. And it makes me wonder, when I go to fulfill my dreams, who all will miss me? How many people will suddenly realize that they don't have a best friend around to tell all their secrets to and go shopping with? Will my family wish I was here to sing silly songs on road trips, wish that I could have an orange car, and suddenly need cheese cake at ten o'clock at night when we are playing Settlers? What will people miss about me?
So, like I said before, I'm learning to focus on the "rain drops on roses" in my life. The seven new goldfish, NBCC, my flower garden, piano, singing with Mom and Amy, sewing projects, tea party plan's, ect. and (this is not a bright spot btw!) finishing schoolwork.
Anyways, I need to go finish folding the laundry. Have a good week! -Frank

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, but that's exactly what I've been thinking...it's so much easier to just shut your eyes and freeze cuz that 'bee sting' really hurts, but then we miss the beauty...those lil blessings that God plops in front of us just because. I guess it's called living with your heart open. Thanks for sharing, Franc -you're a good writer. I love the way you put that. I needed that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like! Franc i miss you already! so yes, i'd say ppl would miss you!

    ReplyDelete