Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Have you ever heard of trash can diving?

Yesterday afternoon Brad told me that we were going to Rice Lake when Dad got home.
"Oh good", I thought to my self. We headed out at 4:30 and went to Aldi and so on, finally we landed at...
Just guess.... WALMART!!!!! Amy and I trotted around doing this and that, I was looking at the sunglasses (All they have is those huge goggles that look dumb on me cuz my face is to narrow, but I got some.) And Amy came over and informed me that they had the watch she wanted, so I bought it for her.
We headed out to the truck before Mom and Dad where ready and we were happily sipping Dr. Pepper and trying on my new purple sunglasses.... When they called and said that whoever had bought that watch needed to come in, it was making the security, beeper go (We had thrown our stuff in the cart as we walked out the door).
"Oh great", I thought to myself and marched back in.
I came in the door and they where all standing around talking to a gray haired gentleman who was the security guard. "I threw my receipt in that trash can." I informed them... Sooo the gray haired gentleman and I went trash can diving! We must have looked a sight standing there laughing and inspecting crumpled receipts, but I found it! And Amy got to keep her turquoise colored watch.
Moral: Never throw away your receipts, even if you do pay in cash!
-FRANK

5 comments:

  1. thanks for inviting me to your blog...this will be fun! Oh great story btw, sounds like something I would do...and poor Chari would stand by and shake her head...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It WAS funny her coming back through the double doors confessing sheepishly that she'd thrown her receipt in "that trashcan".
    Elv got his phone out and was trying to take a picture of the two of them diving, but he wasn't quick enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey i'm commenting on you blog! i like! ;-) keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really funny!! I can just see you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could have been there! My cackle would have made the experience much more exciting!!! :)

    ReplyDelete