Friday, April 15, 2011

The side affects of a flu…

Started writing a letter to Charity last night in my journal, and it turned into a journal entry (sorry Chari).The first sentence was "I think God thinks I talk too much!", and I went on to jabber about anything and everything that is happening in my life right now. At this very moment there is not a whole lot happening... I'm sitting on the loveseat in the living room wishing I did not have this nasty flu (and using Lances computer, shhh, don’t tell him!)... Talk about dizzy! Ugh... Anyways I'm surviving Smile
I was reading a blog yesterday afternoon during one of my more energetic moments, written by a guy who is 24/25. During his last year in collage he was an alcoholic and one night he got so drunk he did not even know who took him home. He woke the next morning to the news that his pastor had died after dropping his mic into the water while doing a baptism. The pastor was 30 or so and left behind a wife and kids, tragic. Anyways, it shook the guy up enough that he decided not to drink anymore until the end of the semester, which he managed to do, so he decided to see if he could make it all the way through collage... But he discovered after he stopped drinking that he did not have anything to do... No parties to go to... Sooo he picked up his camera, (his dad does photography as a "hobby") aaand currently he travels doing photography for missions all over the world. Wow! A life of uselessness (his own words were "if I died right now people would say ' so-and-so was a nice guy and could fix computers' the end") turned to a rather impressively useful life... All because a man died, young.
And I have to think to myself, so a pastor dies young... around 30 years old... and "saves the life" of at least one man. A couple thousand years ago a Man died young... around 30 years old... and saved the life of millions... Wow! But the reason that second Man saved so many lives was because: He Lives! 
Okay, that was one thought I had…  Thought two… When I grow up I’m either going to have a brand new house, or I’ll have a little tiny house on the mission field somewhere… HA! I wish. We’ve been repainting Mom’s kitchen this week, and it turned into quite the project I’m telling you! Mom had said originally that “It might take as long as Wednesday to get it all done”, well it’s Friday, and she just finished up today. Thus, the comment about new houses… I firmly believe that if I ever happen to be the owner of a Brand New House… I’m NOT going to paint the insides of the cupboards!!! I mean, how many of you have ever tried, during hay-fever season, to keep your balance on a counter top while sticking your head in one side of a cupboard and painting the the other side of the cupboard yellow, not to mention the fact that you happen to be coming down with a flue… Aaand not to mention the fact that you are starving hungry because you are painting a kitchen here and the food happens to be piled in a slightly unorganized pile on the dining room table… Crackers and cream cheese can only suffice for So Long you know!  Anyways, it’s done now and looks beautiful. Smile  
Thought three: Do I have to have a graduation party? Despite popular opinion I don’t like having people pay that much attention to me… It’s embarrassing! So I’m brainstorming for a girls party of some sort… We shall see what happens… I do have my graduation dress fabric that I will probably make up for the end of the school year church get together.
Thought four: Kids Club went Super this week… Tuesday was a crazy day for me. I got up at seven and helped clean the house because Margie was coming to tell Mom “If she was Crazy” (she was wondering about her paint colors) I did laundry while Margie was here and then we headed out the door to go to Gingeriches to sort clothes for CAM, we got home around noon and started right into painting, and I painted until quarter till six when Lance told me he wanted to leave to pick up kids for NBCC in 15 minutes!!! Guys are crazy… Anyways, I was ready in 17 minutes, only to find out that he did not need to leave for another 10 Smile with tongue out whatever. None of the kids from Lances route were home but the other guys managed to round up 17… Wow, it went great. The kid’s loved the paper bag puppets Abbey (blue was the color btw.Smile ). Bryce um… Bluebird? Seems like that’s what his last name was, and Joe Kilmer came to help out… More guys Smile with tongue out Oh well, any help is welcome Smile
Thought five: Its supper time, I’ve been sitting here writing off and on for two hours, and I think I’m gonna stop now Smile Have a marvelous weekend!
Francis

4 comments:

  1. Well judging from your post guys aren't the only crazy ones! Thanks for the roller coaster ride through your life, it was fun! Glad the children liked the puppets. but I liked the orange the best! :)
    Love you.
    Ps. That font is a bit hard on the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok... why would dropping a you mic into the water kill you? Did he drowned while going after it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um... No, I don't think he drowned :) Something shorted out or something... I don't remember... The point was that he died.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Frank, I loved your post!!!!!!!!!!!! I still would like to get a letter from you sometime.(hint...hint):) I really don't think that God thinks you talk to much...(discuss that later). I think maybe I should write you...there's a lot going through my head right now...Anyway, love you lots and keep posting!!! Chari

    ReplyDelete