Sunday, December 20, 2009

Wintry Things That Make Me Happy

*Christmas carols on the radio.
*Big mugs of hot chocolate, even if I don't like it all that well the idea of it is very cozy.
*Standing at the top of a sledding hill and watching all my friends laugh and play.
*Warm fireplaces with boot liners and mittens in rows in front of it.
*Wool socks.
*Hot ham and cheese sandwiches.
*Christmas cookies.
*Interesting schoolwork.
*Watching those of my family who like doing puzzles put all of those confusing pieces together.
*Wet puddles on the floor where the men came into the house with their boots on... Okay so that doesn't make me happy, but it is wintry.
*Poinsettias
*Long evenings sitting in the living room with my family solving all the worlds problems.
*Snowmobiles that my Dad keeps full of gas and Lance starts for me.
*Books like Anne of Green Gables and Little Women.
*Huge snowmen with carrot noses and strawberry jam smiles.
*Playing Fox and Geese.
*Registers and a little brother to keep the warm air coming out of them!
*Skating, skiing, sledding, snowmobiling.
*Watching Chickadees in the snowy pine trees.
*And knowing that some day, when I get to heaven, I'll know how God can make all the billions of snowflakes different and each one as pretty and glittery as the next.
*Warm soup after digging tunnels in the snowbanks.
*A Mom who lets us use her dishpans for sleds, and her hammer to bang the dents back out of them when we're done.
*A logger Dad who always has an old skidder tube to put behind the sidekick and pull us around on.
*Big, fuzzy, cuddly, teddy bears to hold while reading... When your brothers aren't there to tease you!
*Making snow angels after dark and suddenly noticing all those beautiful stars God made.
*Friends to go Christmas shopping with.
*And friends who take the time to read long posts about "Wintry things that make me Happy"!
Merry Christmas Everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Nice list, Frank. The dishpans are permanently dented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it frank, long evenings in the living room and solving the worlds problems sounds like our family too....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Frank...I wasn't keeping up because my bloglist didn't show you'd updated. Now I figured out that it probably won't. That's fine, I'll just check now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you list frank! Even the puddles make me happy sometime. At least we have dads and brothers to make them right? :)

    ReplyDelete