Thursday, January 7, 2016

Home Is Where The Heart Is

We got home from a trip, a glorious trip, full of lovely family times. A trip that was two weeks long. A trip that had me FRANTIC to be home in my own house, with no one but my tiny family.
I'm not a people person. Traveling I can handle, I love the rare chances that Josh and I get to take an eighteen wheeler and head to far away places. But people, please give people to me in small amounts, with deep conversations happening only within my comfort zone.
We landed on our own doorstep on Monday evening. And I've been reveling in the wonderfulness of quiet and peace and my own thoughts.
My own thoughts have been rotating around the absolute safety and happiness of being home. Blessedly home. Where coloring happens in my two lovely new books. Music happens at my own volume. And baby one on one happens to my heart's content.
And then Anne came down with a cold, and was up too many times to count last night.
And today was a constant struggle to keep back tears over small things.     We left the baby with my mother in law at six thirty and headed to Lincoln to do my mountain of grocery shopping. And try to find clothes to fit post baby me.
And it was a nightmare. And I cried.  Kara Graber I looked up Matthew West because of something you put on Instagram and found Strong Enough. 
Pieces fell together.
Home is where the heart is, literally.
202 B Street isn't going to magically keep my heart safe, or my emotions, or my baby, or anything. Because there are humans there. Humans who get colds. And humans who struggle with their self image. And humans who struggle to be happy when their supper is late.
This is when I'm glad that I don't have to be strong enough.
And that HE is. And that my heart is home in Heaven.
 

1 comment:

  1. Home/Heaven. Self image/Made in His image. Our weakness/His strength. Tears/Peace.
    One day we'll be freed of this reality and we'll burst out into what's on the other side...that perfect place that we've been keeping our eye on through the little aperture of faith we have now. And God shall wipe away the tears from their eyes. Can't you just see yourself sitting on His lap, his white, fluttering handkerchief coming toward your face and feel the comfort and bliss of the tears gone and your sight perfect forever.

    ReplyDelete