Monday, October 8, 2012

Things I've Learned Today

  1. Thai sun is very sunshiny... watches that will cause odd stripes on one's arm (should one happen to get a sunburn), should not be worn when one is planning to spend their morning driving about.
2. Elephant's heads are prickly.
3. Elephants do not scare me any more than horses ever did. I find this to be odd... (horses impress me with their size, but I am not scared of them).
4. Thai countryside is gloriously lush and beautiful.
5. When one wants to get the very best juice one should go to the little road side shop in Mae Wahn's village and ask for naam sap-bpa-rot (pineapple juice).
6. Riding in the back of a truck (after a coffee break at an air conditioned coffee shop) with your sister (and you happen to be a WI logger's girls), holds joys closely akin to chocolate and caramel.
6. (Yes, I realize I used six twice, this is just the other half of the first six). How to spell caramel.
7. When one gets home and washes off all of the sweat, one feels very happy deep within one's being and working in the yard on a sunshiny day makes a person feel gloriously spoiled.
8. The neighbor's college aged boy is home for a two weeks. He speaks enough English to make you nervous about talking, about him, in front of him, to your sister.
9. When one is climbing about de-limbing a tree it is best to make quite sure that your left hand is far away from the saw... It is also wise to not allow said saw to bounce. It can cause rather hamburgery looking cuts... even if the cut does happen to be small and virtually insignificant.
10. Bpaa Duan shall never allow me to forget that she named me Ky-Mook. (I'm fine with this, as long as she keeps remembering to call me Ky-Mook several times in a row just to make me smile and nod, I'm happy. It means she is forgetting to ask me to count to ten for her). I love Bpaa Duan btw, and shall miss her when I go home. She's been kind and friendly to me, beyond what the average middle aged American would have been to an 18 year old Thai girl.
11. Lisl makes marvelous pancakes. (I actually knew this before, but it was firmly reestablished in my mind tonight).
12. One of Jimmy's sons is back. He is small. I shall wait to remove him until tomorrow.
13. God is very good to me!

2 comments:

  1. I like the two girls in the back of the pick-up scene. And the hamburgery adjective! Very nice post. Elv will like the logging part. So glad life is good for you. It makes life good for me too, having your life good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that a WI Logger's Daughter deigned to call our sedan with the squished rear end a truck. And the lovely spelling of the word "caramel". :-)

    ReplyDelete