Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Kids Club

Some of the teachers: Tim Troyer, Lance Graber, Conroy Lowen, and Caleb Ramer. Have you ever tried to get four guys to pose for a picture? Everyone smiling and no eyes closed? :-P
Andy Martin and I also help and it sounds like Wayne Hershey might start helping too. 
K, so I DON'T like this picture but its the only one I can find of leading singing... And yes, Zayvior sitting on the table following along with his finger on the song sheet is very typical... I always have the kids take turns picking a song and than they hold it for me... While I do the motions for people to follow along.
 
 I failed to get a picture of Lance doing an object lesson with the kids... Bugs me. The guys all take turns doing a Bible story and/or an object lesson of some sort... Then we start craft... Which is what this picture is of... It was bookworm bookmarks tonight... Anybody have any good craft idea's for kids from the age of five through 12/13? That only take 10 minutes or so... :-P
Doing Craft
I have no idea what they were talking about but this picture reminded me again about how we're leaning that communicating with the other teachers throughout the evening in order to know where everybody is and what everybody is doing is very very important.
Hymlie (yes, it's Spanish, and yes, I know I spelled it wrong, and yes, some of the kids are Mexican/Native American) came barging into their conversation made a comment of some sort to Lance while waving something aloft in one hand... Then continued happily on his way.
I can not, for the life of me, remember most of the kids names... Even thought allot of them have mine figured out because they go to the St. Francis mission school here. One of the kids asked me last time if I was named after St. Francis, when I said no he looked a little beat out and said bummer.
                                                Snack, Conroy's wife Carrisa makes it for us.
                  "Freeze", I was surprised she actually listened to me, most of the kids are camera shy.
There was a great big ditch-mower sitting in the parking lot tonight that a bunch of the kids decided to investigate... Until the guys made them get down.
We played Freeze-Tag tonight... Often its duck-duck-goose, blind-mans-bluff, or hid-the-thimble. 
I was getting ready to shoot a picture of the little girl on the right and the other little girl, who was "frozen" at the time, looked around to make sure that no one was looking and scooched over onto the picture. :)
The guys run them all home by eight o'clock after an hour of what the kids call "church"... Every once in while one of the kids accidentally calls me "sister" because of attending the catholic school and church and having nuns for teachers... So, though many of them do hang on to the old Ojibwa beliefs, most of them have some Catholicism mixed in.
 I failed to mention is that the guys always meet before hand and have prayer... I always chicken out and tell Lance that I can pray at home... And often I pray that God will send another girl along to help me... I'm slightly outnumbered... So yeah, that's what NBCC is... We'd love to have your prayers.
 -Francis 

4 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for posting Frank. It's good to be updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Franci, You are doing something amazing. Ask God to give you right position with the other teachers and in the children's hearts, and then in faith step in where God leads you. Guess what? God doesn't necessarily honor our self made boxes. He may invite you into something bigger. Ha! Isn't God good?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, dear, I love the post!!! Makes me miss all you dear people AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! I will come home sometime...I think...and then your prayer will be answered, at least for a little while. Keep doing God's work. You have no idea how much you are impacting these children for eternity!! Love you, Chari

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, dear, love the post!!!! Makes me miss you all AGAIN!!!!!! Someday I will be back again and then your prayer will be answered, at least for a little while!!! You have no idea how much you are impacting these children for eternity!!! Keep doing God's work!!!! Love you, Chari

    ReplyDelete