Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I want to, I want to, I want to, I want to...

Brad asked Lance tonight if he could use his computer while Lance was busy doing something else and Lance jokingly told him that he wanted a 500 word report on why Brad thought he should be allowed to.
Brads reply was: "I want to, I want to, I want to, I want to..." And then he laughed and said "thanks Lance", and with out any further ado helped himself to Lances computer.
  And it made me think, how often in life do I ask God for something. And when He says, what are your reasons for this? My reply is: "I want to, I want to, I want to..." and than, with a half sheepish laugh, I dive into it.
  A little while later, when Brad was half way into the game, Lance came along and quietly lifted the computer out of his lap and took over. Probably finishing the game himself.
  How often does God have to come along, take the project out of our hands, and finish it Himself with His own capable hands?
  What is your project today? ~Francis

3 comments:

  1. This made me laugh I can very much see that taking place! :-) It also made me think. And I think you're right, I do that with God at times, something for me to work at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. comment comment comment, happy now? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the story Frank. OK, so i had thought waht I was going to write, then I read Abbey's comment, and it boils down to about what I was going to say! =)
    I think it happens in our lives more than we even realize!

    ReplyDelete