Monday, October 21, 2013

Fall Projects




"Mom, I want my quilt from Grandma Ruth put in. This week." -Me
"Okay." -Mom
I like my Mom!

She even started quilting it. 

This is what happens when a person looks at Pinterest too much in  one week. They're Ginger Tea Candy. I burned the first batch. After I unburned them, I'm cool like that! :D  I dropped them into powdered sugar...
Because Mary Poppins says "A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down." And she's always right.  Not actually, cuz she says that it's okay to climb up the insides of chimneys and out onto the roof. She's wrong on that one. Very wrong.
I put them into a mason jar, just because that's the in thing to do right now. And I figured it would prolly look kinda neat. 
And then I chopped a piece of a curtain off, and wrapped the top of the jar, and tied it with hemp. And then I set it on my desk and looked at it all evening. And a few days later I fed them to Brad. :D He didn't die, and he didn't turn green, and he still walks okay. So I think I'll prolly try again sometime. But next time I'm going to use honey instead of all the vile sugar!
This was another Pinterest project. I'm not
convinced I like it yet. It doesn't look like the picture I copied it from!!! *sigh* I think next time I try I'm going to cut the boards myself, instead of turning them over to the tender mercies of my dear 15 year old brother. He used a swede saw. Yikes. I was glad for his help though. Thank's Brad! I also stuck the handles on with JB weld. Not sure that was necessarily something that normal people would confess to having done. But it worked really well. So. You should try it sometime. If you happen to be out of gray tape! :D 
That's a Zinnia. I like them. Lots.     
This is Amy and I. I like her. Lots.
The End

5 comments:

  1. And I like both of you (and the zinnia). Lots. Are you going to be able to get the candle off again? Without wrecking something? Or doesn't JB Weld stick to glass like it does to other things? At least it was gray like duck tape... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw...what is a 'swede saw'? Oh and the next time you go to Walmart, go by the sewing supplies and get you mom a 'good' thimble!! :-) Its one that has a ridge around the top edge...its about $.99 (if you don't have the funds, I will supply n call it a late birthday gift :-) )!! Since I got one of them, well, there just isn't anything to compare it with!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree with Dena about the thimble. It will make quilting a much pleasanter experience. Nice pictures and projects. I think I want to have Brad and Amy back now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She actually had one, but can't find it. Thus the silly thimble she is using on that picture.

    ReplyDelete