Monday, January 4, 2010

Precious Children

I was browsing through the pictures on Dads computer tonight and I found this picture of a little Native American girl who used to come with her sister and play at our house nearly every day. She and her sister had interesting names, that I will never forget, Heaven and Paris...
They where bright little spots in my life, especially Heaven. She would come running into the house (after someone opened the door for them, they never came into the house without knocking) and give me a big hug. She always wanted to play house, and was never overly interested in having story's read to her. One day she came to our house with her hair cut off to shoulder length, she had tried cutting it and her Mom had had to finish the job for her :)
They loved it when I would spend whole afternoons helping them make "stew" or "bread" in the little kitchen out in the woods. But Heaven liked it best when I would let her help me bake real bread in the real kitchen. They were the first children to say they would come to NBCC and they came to VBS at Northwoods one year as well. I pray that they never forget the things that they learned when in contact with us.
And then one day they didn't come, and they did not come the next day either, or the next.
They had been talking about maybe moving a couple months before, and then they where gone.
I have not seen them since, the man that they called "Daddy" when I knew them still lives just down the road from us. And I can only hope and pray that some day when I get to Heaven I will find them calling God their Father along with me.
Now I've got more Native American children to pray for too, Clifford, Bobby, Brett... And many many more.
Teaching at NBCC has taught me allot about how wonderfully much God has blessed me with my amazing Christan home... He gave amazing Christian parents. Who always know where I am, who are always happy that I'm home when I get home, and they always love me no matter what I do. So please, when you think of it, help me pray for all the precious little children on the reserve here.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice, Frank. Now you should post pictures of a current children's ministry evening so that we know faces and can pray more intelligently. That's a really good picture of Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me cry. And renewed my vision for what we are doing with the kids that come now.

    ReplyDelete