Tuesday, September 11, 2012

When I Pray

P-Giat's sermon on Sunday talked about faith, and having enough of it. At least Dru's interpretation brought that out, he clarified Giat's intent later.
But I still like to think about the side I heard, because that's what I need right now. Faith.
 Faith that God can move mountains... Huge mountains.
I took a walk today and was praying hard about the two mountains that affect my life right now, both of them seem impossible. Partially because of how large they are, and partially because of what they are made out of.
Have you ever noticed that mountains can be made of different things, and their move-ability feels directly related? The mountains I'm praying about are made of smelly, bad, sad things.
 I was half way down the one side of my block and  looked up from studying the road to see, out over the blue ornate fence, and the tropical tree's.
A mountain, big and strong, immovable. And do you know what came to mind?
A song, "when I look to the hills, from whence comes my help."...
And then a verse, "All things work together for good, for them that love Him."
 "My strength comes from the hills." has taken a new, and different meaning for me. His plan for the mountains in life. is to grow us, strengthen us... And stretch our faith.
When I look to the hills. My strength comes from Him. He can move mountains. He  allowed the mountains to be there. And ultimately, all things work together for good!
 The Bible says "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." -James 5:16 Which means that my prayers really are important, the mountains I'm seeing ARE movable... Through prayer and faith God can make something beautiful out of them. And regardless of any beauty or lack of it, it WILL work for good, because the people involved truly love Him. 

 There are my thoughts for the day, I know they are disorganized, but it's what I've been thinking, and praying about for the last few days, so here you go. ~ Ky-Mook

1 comment:

  1. Good post. I keep thinking about what mom said Steve told her at the cabin. "God brought us through some impossible situations, and you serve the same God." This post is an encouragement to me to keep praying about the mountains in my life.

    ReplyDelete