Thursday, May 12, 2011

Hay Fever

 Found this while looking for natural remedies for my hay fever... it's pretty good :) I'll bet too it gets rid of it "REAL fast"! Try mixing that concoction up and  not getting a runny nose! Goodness!
  Jean writes, "After drinking this recipe, your sinus congestion will disappear REAL fast. All these ingredients not only work on the immediate symptoms, but add plenty of vitamin C to fight a cold, and garlic to fight infection.

Recipe:
Add 1 cup tomato juice,
1 tsp chopped fresh garlic,
1/2 tsp of hot sauce,
1 tsp lemon juice,
and a pinch or two of celery salt for flavor.

Heat ingredients and drink hot."

And, just as a side note here... I found another website that said that tomato's can cause hay fever... People are funny :)
 Or, I could eat beans, lots of beans, lots and lots and lots of beans actually... Yuppers, that would definitely work. I'd be so busy thinking about how sick I was of beans that I wouldn't have time to have hay fever. Or I could rinse my nose with salt water... Ouch!!! That one makes me cringe just thinking about it!
"About a half a teaspoon of salt to two cups of warm water" oofta-camoofta! And if you don't know why that makes me cringe, go try it. Make your concoction, snarf it up your nose, and feel the "relief". Actually, that probably works too, "I will not think about how my nose hurts, I will not think about how my nose hurts... I will not think about how my throat burns, I will not think about how my throat burns!", yeah, I probly would not be thinking about the headache and itchy eyes symptoms... And the fatigue would be gone too... I'd be busy running around in circles with my tongue hanging out, looking rather much like the Coyote after Mission Abandoned and the road runner has taken off again...  They're right.
 Anyways, I think I'll stick to my Vitamin C thank-you-very-much.

4 comments:

  1. Gag... I'd stick to Vit. C as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ew, that first one sounds totally disgusting! Skunk spray will clean out your sinuses.... Just a suggestion. ~GB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying the picture muchly Frank! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, the salt water works amazing. I use it! And you only taste the salt a little but. But to each there own. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete